Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Site Building Using Wordpress

For my final project, I have been working on creating a website for my music projects. I am using the Wordpress platform, which is an open source hosting service, meaning that there are multiple interfaces available to create websites with. I chose one called “Thesis” which is perfect for what I wanted to create: a simple website with a blog format and links to my Sound Cloud, Myspace, and Twitter accounts and my Facebook fan page.

Initially, Thesis was a bit intimidating, as the commands to do simple things like add an image can be complicated. However, upon reading a tutorial and spending more time with the site, it is making more sense. I would not recommend WordPress with Thesis to someone who is not somewhat technology savvy, but it is perfect for me as it allows for more layout customization than a Blogspot or something similar. I will post more as I progress with my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment